You are going to hear four conversations. Before listening to each conversation, you will have 5 seconds to read each of the questions which accompany it. After listening, you will have time to answer each question by choosing A, B, C or D. You will hear each conversation ONLY ONCE. Mark your answers in your test booklet.?
Questions 11—13 are based on a lecture about education in America.?
11. What controls the public schools of the United States??
[A] the national government?
[B] the church authorities?
[C] the local communities?
[D] the state laws
12. How many percentage did the American young people graduate from high school by 1970??
[A] forty percent?
[B] forty five percent?
[C] seventy percent?
[D] seventy five percent ??
13. Why is education made various in form in the United States??
[A] Because students vary in needs.?
[B] Because schools offer different subjects.?
[C] Because teaching methods vary greatly.?
[D] Because there are different aids at school. ??
Questions 14—17 are based on a conversation you are going to hear.?
14. Why did the man decide to go to the library??
[A] One of his classes finished early.?
[B] He wanted to get some studying done.?
[C] The library had a special display on the Industrial Revolution.?
[D] His books were ten days overdue. ??
15. After getting the books, what did the man do??
[A] checked them out?
[B] took notes on them?
[C] returned them to the shelves?
[D] put them in his book bag ??
16. According to the man, what happens to all the books in the library??
[A] They are marked with colored labels.?
[B] They are specially coded.?
[C] They are checked out.?
[D] They are inspected by the guard. ??
17. According to the man, what does the librarian behind the desk do??
[A] copies down the name and the address of each borrower?
[B] checks all books for missing pages?
[C] demagnetizes the books as they are checked out?
[D] helps students use the card catalog ??
Questions 18—21 are based on a conversation you are going to hear.?
18. What does the man need to do at the travel agency??
[A] purchase her plane ticket?
[B] change her plane ticket?
[C] pick up a passport application form?
[D] arrange for her accomodations in Europe ??
19. Why doesn't the woman want to give up her apartment entirely??
[A] She doesn't have time to move.?
[B] She would have difficulty finding another apartment.?
[C] She's paid her rent for the summer in advance.?
[D] She doesn't want to paint another apartment. ??
20. How long would the women be in Europe??
[A] three weeks?
[B] one month?
[C] three month?
[D] over a year ??
21. What will the woman most likely do about her apartment??
[A] leave it vacant?
[B] rent it to the man she's talking with?
[C] sublet it to Jim Thomas?
[D] ask her landlord to sublet it ??
Questions 22—25 are based on a conversation you are going to hear .
22. Where does this conversation take place??
[A] at a hotel?
[B] at a motel?
[C] at a restaurant?
[D] at a shopping centre ?
23. Why can the man and his family stay at this motel??
[A] They have a reservation.?
[B] The motel has several vacancies.?
[C] They are friends of the owner.?
[D] Someone else cancelled a reservation. ??
24. When does the motel want its guests to pay??
[A] before they arrive?
[B] while they register?
[C] when they reserve a room?
[D] just before their departure ??
25. What is the reason for the motel's policy on payments??
[A] Some guests may not be honest.?
[B] The policy is required by law.?
[C] No.61 is a luxury unit.?
[D] The owners are simply greedy. ?
问题的答案可从下面三句话中得出：“The public schools of the United States are not controlled by the national government nor by church authorities but by the local communities themselves. ” “75% were graduating from high school. ”
“Education is made various in form, to meet the students' various needs.”?
根据对话内容，本段对话的第一道问题可由下面这句话得出答案：“Dr. Brown's class finished ten minutes early, so I went to the library between classes. ”?
“So I put them (books) in my book bag. ”告诉了我们第二道题的答案。?
第三、四道题的答案分别可从下面这两句话得出：“The books in the library are all magnetically coded”和“The librarian behind the desk demagnetizes them.?